Established in 1967, the ch Foundation for Federal Cooperation (ch Foundation), based in Solothurn, is a foundation under private law. The Foundation is sponsored by all 26 Swiss cantons, each of which is represented on its Board of Trustees by a member of their cantonal government. The ch Foundation promotes bridge-building between Switzerland's different linguistic communities, the preservation of the country's linguistic and cultural diversity, and the concept of federalism.
Our areas of responsibility and activities:
Bridge-building between linguistic language communities and preservation of linguistic and cultural diversity
- ch Series (since 1974)
- ch (youth) Exchange (since 1976)
- Swiss-Indian Classroom (since 2015)
Promoting the concept of federalism
- Secretariat to the Conference of Cantonal Governments (since 1993)
- Monitoring federalism (since 2005)
Services in the field of intercantonal and canton/Confederation cooperation
- Running the House of Cantons (since 2008)
- Liaison office for the conferences of cantonal directors
Training events for members of cantonal governments
- ch Foundation Government Seminar (since 1989)
Deed of foundation
The deed of foundation of the ch Foundation for Federal Cooperation defines the purpose, endowment capital, financing, headquarters and governing bodies of the Foundation.